Call for Papers
The European Conference on Information Retrieval is the prime European forum for the presentation of original research in the field of Information Retrieval.
ECIR 2023 is seeking original, high-quality submissions addressing innovative research in the broad field Information Retrieval. ECIR 2023 wishes to highlight significant contributions addressing the main challenges of providing
effective search and retrieval, but also the related and equally important issues of multimedia and multi-modal content management, user interaction, large-scale search, machine learning, and societal and technical challenges.
Topics of Interest
ECIR 2023 encourages the submission of high-quality and original papers on the theory, experimentation, and practice of information retrieval and interaction; this primarily includes textual information but could also include
audio, and multi-modal information. Relevant topics include, but are not limited to:
User aspects, including information interaction, contextualisation, personalisation, simulation, characterisation, and behaviours;
- System and foundational aspects, including retrieval models and architectures, content analysis and classification, recommendation algorithms, query processing and ranking, efficiency and scalability;
- Machine learning, deep learning and neural models, natural language processing, and graph models applied to information retrieval and interaction;
- Applications, such as web search, recommender systems, web and social media apps, professional and domain-specific search, novel interfaces to search tools, intelligent search, and conversational agents;
- Evaluation research, including new metrics and novel methods for the measurement and evaluation of retrieval systems, users, and/or applications.
- New social and technical challenges, such as bias, ethics, fake news and hate speech, wearable devices and neuroinformatics.